Thursday, October 16, 2008

My smaller government conundrum...

Those on the right have a love affair with saying they support smaller government, especially when it comes to the tax issue. At the same time, those on the right want to get all up in the personal business of me as a woman, of gays and lesbians, and others. They want to do this by passing laws, laws that need some sort of enforcement. How does that make the government smaller? How is regulating my choice to have children or not different from regulating what kind of health care I am allowed to have? Or education for my children?

John McCain, in reference to the health care issue, said that the government should stay out of the relationship between him and his doctor. At the same time, he wants to insert the government whole hog into the relationship between me and my doctor....What part of hypocrisy isn't being understood?

No comments: